Awesome awesome awesome.
Today was promising. I got to MoCA just on time, and my boss gave me a desk and a computer and told me to start working, and then left. I had absolutely no idea what I was supposed to be doing (which I later realized was the joke), but instead walked around meeting people. There are about seven women who work in my office, all in their twenties (besides the bosses, who are much older and much more male), and they all get along well. As we went through the day, gossip was flying around the room, the boss would stop and joke around every time he came past, and everyone was furiously using MSN messenger to talk to each other. It felt a lot like the office. At one point, someone yelled, "let's get bubble tea" to a hum of enthusiasm, and then we ordered bubble tea and hung out with the boss.
I translated today that was "for immediate release". I don't know when I became qualified to translate important information, but it felt great. I worked like a madman to get it done quickly (one was almost five pages of mostly text), and finished three short projects. This, and because no one spoke English to me, caused my Chinese to improve around 8 billion percent over one work day.
Lisa (who is working at an upscale restaurant next door) and I have been scheming to plan an event together, along the lines of "Wine and Cheese and Art" party. I finally got to pitch it and they arranged a meeting tomorrow. I can't wait to create an event.
I might get to bartend. There's a nice restaurant area and bar at the top of my museum, and I asked (as a joke) if I could and/or bartend with the workers, and all they said was, "sure, of course".
Overall, fun coworkers, fun boss, fun tasks, and some responsibility. What else could I ask for?
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

hahahahaha so you're like the only guy?
ReplyDelete